Friday, February 16, 2007

Not scared, but just in case

You know how soldiers write short letters and wear them close to their heart, in case they might die in war. I want to write this now, just to make sure if something happens I wont have to regret not having said something.

And no I m not scared, but with everything going on in Indonesia, bird flu, malaria, volcanos, floods, tsunamis and yes I ll be close to the Merapi which erupted last year, recently 7 people died of the birdflu and the region I m going to suffered during the tsunami. Anyways I m still happy and excited to go and I m sure I ll make it back.

I just really want to say thank you to everyone that has shared my paths in life, even if it was just for the glimpse of a second. Some people dont even know they influenced my life, as I never talked to them, but a simple smile sometimes can do magic. And yes I do also thank the people that at one point hurt me really bad, because in order to be able to hurt me really bad I must have been close to them so they had a big influence on me and they made me who I am today, if thats good or bad? I guess I can not really judge that.
Although after some comments I recently received something must be going right =)
I just wish I could see all those compliments myself. but its all good. at least I m doing something right, I hope ;)

For those people that are still sharing my path right now I thank you even more, because right now the friends I share my thoughts with are really important to me. During the last couple of months I have lost a lot of friendships and I can tell you it hurts really bad, but coming out of this I can see who my true friends are and the people I can rely on or I want to rely on.

I also want to thank my family, because for all the pain they have given me, they have given me joy as well and they are after all also responsible for the person I am today.

I want to thank my baseball coaches and teammates, because they saved my life, when I was down. Baseball picked me up when I was miserable and it brought the joy back to my life. It literally saved my life.

I dont really want to name people here, but I have to name on person. Kai, I thank you for everything you ve done to me. I know I havent always been good to you. We have gone through rough patches and sometimes I was not fair to you and I am afraid I didnt do as much for you as you have done for me, but I really appreciate what you have been doing for the past 13 years. I am so grateful that we met and you ve been the only person that has always been loyal to me (except for the people I just recently met) and it really means a lot to me. More than you can imagine. I thank you so much. Bash bro 4 life

So coming back to the original reason I wrote this.
Some things I had actually planned for the rest of my life.
1. Visit every continent
2. Save a life
3. Leave an impression on people and area
4. Learn guitar
5. Regain my language skills (korean, thai, vietnamese and indonesian)
6. learn chinese
7. Fall in everlasting love
8. Experience one perfect day

I hope I ll be able to pull it off.

Ok I think this blog actually came out different than what I had originally planned to write but oh well.

Just on a final note.
Remember how powerful a little tiny action can be, just to give it a visual.
Think of your favourite song, think of in how many situations it has lifted you up or pulled you down.
And now think of how little action it takes to play it on a instrument, but how many people around the world it has influenced over the years.
Same can be said for a poem, or just a single phrase.

Words and Actions can not be powerful for the positive though, so always remember, be careful what you say, as words hurt more than weapons and they can hurt without you knowing!

Thats it for today. Leaving in like 5 days =)

I ll keep you updated

1 Comments:

At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

c'mon pich!!! STOP UR CHEEZINESS!! LOL hey whatever you do and where-ever you go, remember "prayer works" ..well, here u go to another journey, i'm so happy for you!! enjoy ur time there and wish u all the best!! by the way, did i tell you ..U STINK!! HAHA i guess i miss you too.."i guess!" LOL PSST TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF EH...
lotsa luv!
~smelly feet~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home