Wednesday, April 16, 2008

So this is it? This is life?

So this is it? This is life?Some of you may know. A couple of years ago I had a blog called leavean impression. It had the subtitle, which went a little something likethis : This is it. This is life. It was a quote from the movie."Garden State" Kind of a strange movie, but none the less it wasinteresting.Anyways. Why I m writing this today is, because this morning, when Iwas going to work and listening to my old lifehouse CD, I kind of gotthinking. I guess it was because after a very long time, I got up thismorning because I was fully rested, not because my alarm woke me up.Anyways back to the story. So I started thinking about life ingeneral, why are we here, what is going on in our life and what isbothering us. Why do we even live?And no this doesn't have anything to do with the rough stretch I vebeen going through the last couple of weeks. Yes its been quite hardon me, but I think I ve finally settled again or maybe I m justblinding myself again by overloading myself with stuff.Anyways things have really been looking up.
The reason why I m writing today is that sometimes I still wonderabout life. Is this really all there is? Is this what we are livingfor. Sometimes I cant believe it is, cause if it was, then our lifedidn't have any reason. Are we really here to wake up every morning,go to work, come back home, do something for a couple of hours, go tosleep and that's it? I mean of course we go out, we have fun, but isour whole life just designed to keep ourselves busy or happy, or maybejust keep ourselves busy, so we don't get sad?
Maybe I am too ambitious or put it in better words, used to be tooambitious, cause now it seams like there is not much else to do. Iused to be one of those people who thought he was meant to make adifference. Don't get me wrong. I know I ve influenced lots of people,but only to a minor extent. I really wish there was more I could doand make a better impact. I guess part of it is also cause I m toolazy to get up or do something. Maybe I just want everything to fallinto place and be brought to my hands. But somehow it doesn't seemlike its working that way.What can I do? What should I do? I ve travelled the world looking foranswers, I ve tried out lots of jobs looking for answers. I ve talkedto people from all different nationalities and backgrounds looking foranswers, but all I get back to is nothing. I m left with no answers.
If someone out there knows the answer, please let me know and get meout of this constant thinking process, which is driving me crazy.Or maybe I should just be satisfied with what I have.
Take care,

Sorry if this is nonsense, or weird. I wrote this today at work and i didnt really proofread and as always I probably wasnt able to capture my thoughts into words

anyways...better luck to all of you out there

1 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder I question you all the time, hi hi you are still questioning yourself :)Stop trying hard, and stressing yourself. Stop, pause, look around, and you might just find your answers.

Martin Luther King: Devoted himself to shaken cultures values and faith, to stand up for his people and strengthen his followers.

Mother Teresa: She devoted herself to share her faith, so she can help strengthen the faith of others, bring them hope and lead them to a better way.

Ghandi: He lead nationwide campaigns to help diminish poverty, liberate women, to help his people have independence from foreign dominations and more.

Jesus: To some his a prophet, to others, his God, but the reason he was known for is because he sacrificed himself for the people to live.

Can't you see, those who find themselves with peace, fulfillments and contentment in life are the people who live for others and for their Faith and for God.

They all have common values, which is, "what they are living for, is worth dying for..." and they were not remembered for what jobs they did, what education they have, how much money they make.... but people remembered them because we have gained freedom from their devotions.

It is as small as giving to someone in need that you change their lives... Whether a person is born to become a CEO or a carpenter, A queen or a house mom... they are all there for a purpose... To give works for others, to build a house, to manage a kingdom or to raise future generation and keep the house together...

Some people died standing up for their faith; Some people died saving other's life; Some people like soldiers are ready to put their life in battle to defend their nations... All these, they think are worth a life for millions... and it is their purpose for living... they have love others, and they have Faith in God..

no matter what religion, for most people, we call to a God who's up there... through that, we build our strength to live in purpose...

We all have different purposes...So what are you living for? if you can answer that, then you might just find part of your answer on what is your life's purpose...
Then again, ask... is that worth dying for?...

Also, people will forget what you did, but they will always remember what you have done to them. So, whether it is "minor" or "major" influences, it does not matter, it is the influence that counts.

~words of wisdom~
What happens outwardly in your life is not as important as what happens inside you...

These people believed in themselves and believe for a better change... and they took action upon it ...to some, it cost them their lives, to others, it cost humiliation, condemnation, mockery, and other bad results... but in the end... without them, we won't be what we are right now... What about nurses? they are there to take care of patients... without them, who will do it?

How did others influence you for the better? and how do you want to touch other people's lives? that my dear, is a simple purpose we all share... Do not just say I want to influence people... "How?" then take it up for more action!

cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home