Monday, September 03, 2007

62 "rich" days

62 days in the life of Rich, Pich, Thai, Junior, Charlie, Kim, Pichy, Richard, Richy or what ever you may call me.

Today another chapter in my life ends. One that has taken me to my roots, to my heritage, where still I probably feel more foreigner than in any other country in the world. Being half blood and not being able to speak the language fluently makes you a not just a foreigner, it makes you a person that has lost its heritage in a sense. Yes I still have lots of the gestures and attitudes in my blood and I follow them. Some people say I even have them in an exaggerated sense as when you see those gestures after such a long time you pick them up more than you might have to. Coming back to the point though. I was really hoping to feel better bout korea this time around as I thought I could speak more than I could last time and actually in the beginning of course I could get along a lot easier than last time, unfortunately it hasn’t improved though. I guess working in an international company where you speak mostly English doesn’t help that much. I wish I really could and I tried at first, but then I guess partying and hanging out got in the way. Yes it was my choice and I guess for the piece of mind I made the wrong choice. I took the easy route this time. Then again, what would have changed. I ll leave korea again with more emotions and more impressions than before, still this country with the people and their attitude make me feel like a stranger in his own home. A lot of people know that I m a half blood that doesn’t know where my home is, because everywhere I will be I will be seen as a foreigner because of my looks and I guess there is no place where I really fit in.
Anyways to get back to my internship. I think I couldn’t live in Korea for a longer time, not because of the internship, but because of the Korean attitude, which I explained earlier. Still this internship on one hand was boring, cause unfortunately our project didn’t work out as planned, yet on the other hand I got an insight on Korean life, on media business and different strategies, negotiations and Korean working style. So that was definitely worth it. I guess you always have good and bad things, right?
Its funny, just a couple of minutes ago, someone asked me if I was sad this internship ends and the last 2/3 weeks I couldn’t wait for it to be over. Right now another intern is leaving and you know another chapter in your life is closing, some people that have shared your path, even though just for a short while and maybe barely affecting you or you barely affecting them makes you feel gloomy. For a moment it makes you sad and you wonder whats next. There is so many chapters in a book, so there is no reason to be sad for a chapter to close as there is sure to be a next one, yet the author might never turn back to open that chapter again and it might be looked away forever.
Anyways, what I m trying to say is, I just spend 62 days with this internship, its 1/6 of a year and therefore if you look on your life it has changed you, moved you and shaped you into someone else and therefore you will never forget. I hope I have left an impression on some people, even If just a minor one that may have made them smile for a day.
Goodbye Reuters, Goodbye Summer of 2007, Goodbye tour of the world.

I ll catch you on the other side

oh here is something else i wrote while i was bored on my final day of work

Just another day

Its just another day
Then something catches your mind
You turn your head
and look outside the window
the sun is going down
Another day has passed
You think its just another day
But there is a different feeling in your chest
You look around, nothing has changed
Its just another day
A day like yesterday or any other day
You turn your head again
And take a look around
People sit at their desks, tired from the week
They sit and stare
Noone is aware
But for you there is a little change
You see that one guy,
He is picking up his bag
It will be one last time
He bows down and says goodbye
Goodbye it is, for the last time
A chapter he has written will close
He turns around and leaves and no one will look after him
So why do you care
You think again
Think about the last time you left a place
Its just another couple of hours and then
Then its your time to say goodbye
Goodbye for the final time
Part of you will regret
Part of you will be proud
Then you turn around
You look back at all those days
The days you barely came out of bed
You thought to yourself, what for
Then again you still go
You go and a smile awaits your day.
Something keeps you going
Something that keeps you wanting more
Now today this will come to an end
Tomorrow you will wake up
And then it crosses your mind,
You will never come back here again
Today it ends
This day ends
Just another day ends

3 Comments:

At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We think too much...
sis

 
At 3:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My precious G. :)

You have had a difficult path through life, and it's time to build things up for the recovery. :) Just follow the upcoming path, and you won't get lost. :) Remember, there are numerous people out there who wish they could have had the same chances, and choices you had in life. when you think things are nothing that is useless, vain, and hopeless, still to a lot of people they are something that means everything. that's why you can't waste your time, and you are not wasting your time no matter what you do, where you are as long as you know about the truth. :)
so chin up, don't say 'here today and gone tomorrow' but 'here today and risen tomorrow'. and He is watching over you. He never gives up on you. So do I. :)

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also belong to those persons who just think too much. sometimes it feels like a burden but sometimes like a gift.

Chin up, richard! I believe that the Father up above has already paved the way for us cuz everyone has a special mission in life..

I like the words from anonymous2. thanks so much! they hold a truth and gives so much strength!

mel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home