Saturday, February 24, 2007

Life is good :)

Hey,

so just to let you all know, I got in safe. Everything is fine.

I had a crazy trip, spent 11 hours at the Jakarta airport sleeping outside next to a couple of other people. Some even asked me questions in Indonesian.

A lot of people think I am japanese or look like Hoobastank or a korean popstar (ren???)

They all hope I will study more bahasa indonesia so I can speak with them more freely.

My room at the rectors house is really nice to. Just way too many mosquitos, but oh well, just a little itchy here and there.

Other than that Padang is really nice. During the landing. I saw the whole city, the ocean and the close by mountains its really nice.

The city itsself totally reminds me of a rural korean town with food stands, all the motorcycles and pick up trucks, broken roads, but all well. Its nice. The food is good. Spicy and salty. the way I like it.

The AIESECers here are really nice and open. I m having a good time so far. Today I will meet 2 more trainees from the netherlands. I ve been toured through the city.

One problem about my guestfamily is that the children dont speak english, but I guess I just have to hurry up speaking bahasa, which one of my goals was anyways, so thats all good.

The University is also like Seoul, in the mountains lots of spread out buildings. Its really nice.

I hope it will stay like this :) Its really hot though. Liuke 33 degrees and humid, but its good, I ll get used to it. Although they say its even hot for them.

I will start working monday. I hope I can use the internet maybe during my lunchbreak, because it is kind of hard to go to a internet cafe, because i dont have my links or my programs, but it will be fine.

So I just wanted to let you know whats going on.

Tomorrow I ll do a presentation about AIDS in Germany and Canada. Hope that will go well.

So much from me for now, just wanted to let you know that everything here is fine and you dont have to worry bout me at all. oh btw... i have a new cell number, but i dont remember the number right now. but i ll let you all know later.

ok g2g....

take care everyone...hope to get some emails ;)

3 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Blogger AdamHarris said...

Sweet buddy, glad you arrived safe and all that. 33 is crazy warm though, today it was -10, and just getting back from the ski hill. Break is going great, doing a lot of sleeping. The city sound wicked, and I wish I could come visit. Chat soon

 
At 3:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you.. Glad all is going well and that you like the place. :) Good luck with the presentation and work.. Good luck with the mosquitoes too.. hehe.. just cover up when you sleep.. Take care of yourself as always.. Enjoy yourself.

Always,
Jai

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Kimchi said...

Hey bro,
guess you just didnt add me to your spam, cause you knew I would read this, I hope ;)

That all sounds very interesting. I really, really wish I could come and visit. Damn, working DOES suck sometimes. Please take millions of pictures and post some, so we know where you living and what you are experiencing, eh?

Big, big hug and waiting for new blogs...and YES, I will update soon...when I have the time...but I guess I could just cancel sleeping ;)

Love ya,
sis :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home