Thursday, July 26, 2007

1/3

So its up to 27 days now. Meaning I ve almost finished my first month here. So I kind of wanna look back on that.

Life has been good. I ve been adjusting to life here. Been picking up some korean, unfortunately not as much as I would like to, but I guess I m partying too much. Hope I can speed up some things in the 2nd month. Lets put it this way though. I can basically survive here, so thats good. My indonesian is still better than my korean though. Strange...hihi

Work, was my project got killed, because we didnt get enough support or commitment from our supposed partners, so it didnt quite work out. I ll still get to meet the Asia Pacific and Global bosses for a presentation so that should be good.

Other than that partying has been good. been playing lots of pool. some karaoke and lots of drinking, but not excessive, no worries. Funny thing is I ve had more german beer than korean. And then I had a Moosehead last night. All people from Canada should know what that means...hihi

Other things... hm... Alper is still here, but he is past the halfway mark already, so its time to pack up already. Its been fun, but also cost me some sleep I guess. But its good to hang out.

so life has been treating me pretty good. I ve enjoyed lots of korean food, which is so good.

Also for those of you that might not be so familiar with korean culture I might want to introduce a couple of things to you. Korea is very hierachical, so if you re tiny tim, you dont have to many rights, although on the other hand there is lots of dinners you re invited to, business dinners.hihi. then again you have to drink, because its tradition and a sign of weekness if you dont.you dont refuse what somebody offers you, because its offensive. Also because everything is so hierachical you have to bow a lot and you have to hang out with the right kind of people because all that matters is status.

so you re not allowed to hangout with certain people, but then again as foreigner, its not as bad, but I guess I m half korean, so sometimes i can feel it. also a lot of people kind of see it as a weekness of mine that i m not able to speak korean that well although i have a korean mother.

on another note some things here are really expensive, while others are really cheap, for example alper bought a hockey jersey with name for 25 bucks. then a beer in a bar can be up to 12 bucks, fruits are also very expensive, but it really depends on where you buy things or where you go out.

you can really have a fun time here, but i dont recommend living here for a longer time.

anyways....its getting late again, so i better head to bed.
I think i still have an avg of 5.5 hours of sleep per night and thats been going on for 25 days now, so you can imagine, hehe. getting harder to get up in the morning...

take care all of you out there...

1 Comments:

At 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo bro! Whaaaazzzz uppppp???

I am counting the days until I can get on that plane to Inchon. I miss Korea like crazy and I am glad you are having a good time. When you are back we will talk more Korean!!! I really hope you wont beat me, for now I am hoping that my Korean is still better...and I think it should stay that way ;) haha...

Life is crazy here. Lots of work. Sometimes I just want to drop out. But then its also fun..no news regarding the TOPIC we talked about...and probably there wont be any *sniff*

Miss you tons and cant wait to see you!

LOVE,
your ONE and ONLY SIS :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home