Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Arranging the words

I recently had to think about a lot of things, finally got the time again to think about stuff. Especially two emails from a friend yesterday and a chat with another friend made me kind of get back to myself. So reflecting on life and things going on around me. I guess you hear a lot of news and see a lot of pictures if you work in a news agency. So I will try to rearrange my words again.
And put some meaning behind my posts as I think I didnt during my last couple of posts as i just started writing without no meaning.

thinking about this, its funny how a few letters put together into words and into a certain kind of order can make such a different in the world, how contracts, letters, books, lyrics change emotions, feelings, life situations. They make all the difference and yet often we dont use them carefully enough. What a difference a single word can make and how it can change the life of a person forever, sometimes kind of scares me and yet I often catch myself not thinking enough about it.
And yes thats also a reason why I often am so quite. I dont want to just say anything. If I m saying something then I hope it will have a meaning, well except for these silly talks of course, but I guess all of us have them.

anyways so a topic i want to talk about is Death and its importance.

Right now as some of you might know 23 korean volunteers have been kept hostage in afghanistan, 2 have been killed already and there is a deadline today, that even more might be killed. they have also killed a german last week and one more german and 4 afghanis are kept hostage as well. so this is what most of you probably know, now a fact that most of you probably dont know. during the last 18 months 6500 people have been killed in that specific area, probably something no one really cared about. It doesnt bother us until it affects us, right?
Well it seems like for most people it is like that.
If you compare that number to the casualties that have been suffered in iraq on the us/uk side and what kind of uproar it has there. During 5.5 years, meaning 66 months there have been 4000 casualties. Thats still more than any one would need. and even about the American deaths, how much do you really hear.

Also even though it was linked to korea, because iraq had won the semifinal against korea, no one here really cared about it. During the celebrations in iraq there were several suicide bombs killing more than 50 and wounding hundreds.
How can people do all these things, letting the hopeful festivities be struck down like that.

What meaning the Asian Cup for the Iraqis had can be compared to the Germans World Cup victory in 54, not as meaningful, but similar. for those that might not know. the 54 victory gave Germans hope, it made it seem like they are on the right track to normality after years of war and destruction. Which again makes me think about the world wars. Everytime I look back at the numbers being from 39-45.. i think... wow how can countries have been in war for so long, well if you look at iraq it has been 5.5 years as well. crazy.... imagine how those people must feel, while we are doing whatever we wanna do. some people are mad because they cant go out, because they dont have enough money or they are bothered by injuries or a bad mark in school.
dont get me wrong. I have to admit i m one of them. sometimes i get carried away and then I feel really guilty after. As a matter of fact I dont have any right to be whinning about anything I have a really good life I should cherish. And I m really thankful for that. I guess I ve just realized that during the past couple of years and even people telling me, I ve gone through a lot, now I come to say I m thankful for it. I m not bothered by it. It has made me the person I am today and life has been good to me.

Coming back to the korean hostages and what they are going through...

"It feels like my heart is being scorched. It's unbelievable how sinful I feel for just eating and sleeping," Ryu said in an interview with Reuters.

"I feel like I'm in hell. I just wish it would all end," he said at the church which sent the group to Afghanistan.

Thinkin about how often they were warned not to go, because the situation was unstable and now a lot of people saying, they deserve it, they knew what was going on. I think back on what people told me when I decided for Indonesia, everyone warned me not to go, because it wasnt save and then thinking about how close I actually was to death while I was there. I was in the basement of a 2 storey stone house during a 6.3 earthquake which killed 80 people. I was 2km from the beach when storm waves hit the beach and then flooded the beach area.


How close are we to death everyday. I would still go back to Indonesia to help out. I guess we have to make those choices in life.

Ok I guess this is it from me for today, I have to get back to work... just on a last note.... capturing the sadness that is covering the world these days.

A NY baseball fan killed his mother, when she intervened him fighting with his dad, after his favourite baseball team had lost. What is wrong with the world?


2 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok..so finally, you got the sense of how bless you are...No more whinning for you!!! I'm happy!

well, the world is indeed malfunctioning right now; remember it even already reached its threshold. Because of the pursuit to become powerful and rich, people never realized the damage they are creating...lack of understanding, lack of compassion, lack of contentment; are just some views of selfish goals: We can never change that unless we change ourselves...

these are the days when we build more on quantity not quality, Fancier houses but broken families; We add years into our lives yet not life into our years...but I still believe "one" person can make a difference! have faith, keep your hope, build on compasion..at least now you know how bless you are!!

if you desire to go back to Indonesia..Go!! you might just find the reason you live for...

Take care!
smelly feet!

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: yes I heard those news, it was very sad..pray pich, pray...that's all we can do for now...We hope the rest would be ok..but we dont' know what's next yeah?....so again..pray..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home