Monday, April 09, 2007

almost reached the halfway point

Another week is over, now it is only 52 days until I leave. Crazy, time is flying. Gijs will leave in 11 days, Nienke and Elke in 19 days and then it is only Ivette and me. And maybe no more travelling as I ve seen pretty much all the places in West Sumatra. I could go to Mentawai or Jakarta, but I don t know if I want to and I will definitely try to go to Kuala Lumpur, Manilla and Singapore after, so that should be fun, maybe together with Ivette if she gets off work. Other than that, not much is going on. My baseball team is having their first game next week and I can not be there. Strange feeling. I wish I could be there. It is the first season opener I have ever missed I think. Strange.

Anyways, here everything now is back to normal, laptop working, cellphone working and after 3 hot night Aircondition is working again. So I can cool down some. Seems like everyone is busy these days as they are having midterms, but that’s cool. I hope I can recharge a little bit myself as I have to prepare classes, write an evaluation report and I should start some of those termpapers for Germany, haha. I ve been sitting on them for a while now.

I heard the semester in Canada is over as well, at least classes. Strange some things just go down like this. It seems weird I can t really contact people that much. And it made me realize that I m not really addicted to the internet, I just use it a lot to keep in touch with everyone and to keep up to date. Although the Jakarta Post is helping me at least a little bit about the world news.

What else is new. Oh yes, we went to Sikuai Island and saw some Iguanas. The others also tried to swim over to the next island until our boat driver told them to turn around, because there could be sharks in the water. Scary thought. I got another sunburn and by now some people say I really look Indonesian and I got a lot slimmer as I only weigh 84kg now, so that is 8kg less than I did when I first got to Padang. I hope I can make that 80.

What else am I doin these days? I saw the dutch trainees perform a traditional plate dance, which looked pretty cool, they did a good job. I wish I could learn one myself, but probably don’t have time for it, but oh well, you cant have everything, haha.

Also right now we re planning the Expossure of the HIV Pbox and we are having some problems, so we re having a meeting every day, so that’s taking up some time, but we hope it is still working out.

Speaking of working out, I will take part as a fitness instructor for that event. That should be hilarious, trying to get 200 Indonesians to do fitness on a Sunday morning at 7.

Ok I think that is it from me now. Not much else going on. I ll keep you updated.

Take care!

3 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds good! richard, i can't give u a call anymore lol, it costs bit more than i expected, i'd probly give u one last call with this free phone card i have.

scary how u weight as much as me...1m like 160lb, that's about 70 or 80 kg?

so yea, figured out the 'Mid-Internship Evaluation' yet??

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! =)
No more diet! ;)

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Kimchi said...

1. Ich hab Dich lieb.
2. Nimm nicht zuuuu viel ab.
3. Hmm...vielleicht nehm ich dann auch ab in Indo ;)
4. Kannst Du jetzt jeden Tag Emails lesen?

Ok, back to English. My head hurts. I work like crazy. Regular job until 4 PM, then project until 9-10 PM and then work at home until 11:30 or midnight. Wonder how long I can keep doing this....YOU have no idea how much I am looking fwd to get on that flight to SGP. Also exited about YOU showing ME around ;) haha....I am sooo demanding as a sis, eh?

Big hug, hope you had a happy birthday. Sorry for the short call, still no idea how much it was to call you from a cell, but I will find out and YOU ARE SO WORTH IT TOO!!!!

Lots of love,
SIS :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home