Monday, March 26, 2007

march is almost over

Hey,

sorry I have been unable to go to the Internet cafe the last couple of days and not keep you up to date. I am always busy during the day and then in the evenings the boys are always in my room until 1130. That’s also a reason why I am always so tired, because everything I want to or have to do on my own I have to start after that. So normally I don’t sleep before 1 and get up around 8, which should not be a problem for me, but somehow it is, maybe I m really not eating enough and I just lack energy, but don’t worry. I m fine. I will again try to upload a recent picture, so you can see I m not skinny at all. I guess I m still around 85kg, so that’s still a lot.

What else is new, oh yes I got a haircut yesterday, everyone says I look younger now, maybe I shouldn’t cut my hair anymore. Haha. Anyways. I don’t think I have had a day here where I just didn’t do anything for the whole day. Even the day I was sick I went to work, but I guess you can kind of call that an off day. Other than that I have either had to work, gone to meetings or had trips, which sometimes can be draining as well, although of course they are fun. For example this past Saturday we went to Bukittinggi again, which is probably the most popular tourist place here. We walked through a canyon, which almost made you feel like you are on an adventure holiday, because the path is really small and almost grown closed and there are monkeys around you and traces from the earthquake, but it was a really good time. Sunday was a LCP election and all the trainees feel like the better candidate lost, but I guess it would have been hard for him, because he is not so popular among members, but he had good ideas, while the winner was very popular, but maybe not as well prepared.

Anyways other than that I m still trying to lose a little weight, but I guess not as strict as before, because it really got to my substance. Haha. Now I m better.

There is still traces from the earthquake in the smaller villages, but the earthquake is not really a concern anymore. Everything is back to normal. I will probably leave Indonesia on the 1st or 2nd of june to go to Malaysia to stay there for a couple of days and then hopefully I can go to Manilla for a couple of days to meet up with Amy. That would be really nice.
So I have reached day 33 of 99. Time is flying.

Oh yes, its kind of funny, but since I got the newspaper here (English of course) I ve spent almost an hour per day reading it, because there is not much going on, which I think is another reason for me being so tired, although I pretty much meet AIESECers everyday.

Also I think my Indonesian is finally improving again and I think once the 2 pbox trainees leave it will improve even more, because I will hang out more with the AIESECers I guess. So I hope by the time I leave Indonesia I will be able to talk quite a bit.

Anything else new?
Not sure, so this is it from me now, hope you re all doing good, whereever you are right now, leave comments and keep me updated. How is life for you?

1 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi schatziiiiiiiiii
i am very pleased hearing from you. I talked at the momment with Jenny ,she is preparing to come tommorow morning.
We want to go Brunch somewhere but we dont know where....huhu.we will really miss you schatzi...

i think you are earting to few,it doesnt matter when you are some thick but i am afraid of that you are going to ill.."BE CAFEFUL "

wenn Jenny came here she will write some.But we are well...

Love Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home