Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Frustration sets in

Sorry guys, but today I ll have to write down some frustrating things. but dont worry overall i m good.
sometimes just gets the best of me...all of a sudden my laptop is not working anymore and yes if i was in germany i could probably get it fixed within a week, but here maybe not and then some people might say, you and your laptop....yes i know, but then again all my music, all my pictures are on my laptop... all the memories i have from germany and canada. also the movies i watch here every other night i did on my laptop....

my work i prepared on my laptop and i used it in class. i also was going to write my thesis on it, now that i have the weekends pretty much of...more to that later.

it is also my storage for my pics from indonesia. so if i dont have my laptop i cant take to many more pictures and i cant do presentations and all of you know how much i like presentatinos.

okok enough about that...

also i wont be able to go to singapore or malaysia before the end of my traineeship for visa regulations, kind of s### but oh well.

Also I m getting kind of tired of the food. its good and I dont mind eating it... just every day i wish for other food more and more, because there is not a big diversity...i eat like 5/10 different meals all the time, which is fine for a certain time, but sometimes i wish i could eat something different, pretty much it is rice with chicken all the time and then sometimes something else added to it,
but its ok...will try to find a chinese store to cook some food..hihi

also a little frustrated about work, because other than english teaching i dont really do a lot, which was fine, if i had classes everyday, but only 3 days a week and even then sometimes there is only 2 people in my classs... sometimes its 10....still not a lot.... but every morning its like a suprise how many people will show up....sometimes not too good, because i wish i could plan more, but well i ll get over it. i just feel like i m not doing anything ...

and then even after work there is not much physicl activity... I cant play sports here or anything. well i could play tennis with the rector, but oh well... maybe not....haha
but i m trying to work out in my room now. with the help of a water bottle a chair and a bed....sounds funny eh... but there is not much i can use.

I miss baseball a lot, especially playing but also watching baseball, football, hockey, basketball... especially now its playoff time and the wild made it in..... adam you read this ;) LOL

I only check stats once i week while im in the internet cafe.

also sometimes i get frustrated with everyone speaking indonesian or better minang and making jokes on me and i know the joke is on me, but i just smile... minang is a dialect and i dont understand it yet... so oh well... sucks, but what can i do... also if they speak indonesian really fast i will still not understand... but i m trying to learn more and more everyday... now will probably have more time for that as my laptop doesnt work and
i come home around 9pm every night and then dont know what to do. even on the weekends...
yes it can get crazy boring, but oh well... i ll find something...

another thing that bothers me is that i dont really get close to any of the people not even the trainees, yes we talk a lot, but its not on a personal level, because there is always like 10/15 people around. i think i only talked to people one on one like 3 times so far for an hour....and thats really not a lot and then when you do that...there is tons of gossip...blablabla....

yes there is no bars or pubs here, ok actually there are 2 i think in the big hotels, but they are pretty far and not like a western club or pub, its all good... i ll survive.

haha ok enough whinning for today... i guess this is what you call crosscultural experience... and I ve expected most of it before and its not a big problem for me. some of the other trainees have more problems. just today it was annoying me, but most of the time im really having fun...tonight i ll give the rector and the vicepresidents another english lesson...lol...funny eh...

anyways to finsih this off on a good note...

everything here is crazy cheap...meal in a restaurant (less than 1 euro)
a chocolate bar (10 cents)
textmessage 3cent
bus 15 cents
just some examples and thats not even good ones, but cant think of better ones right now.
so i live in luxuary..haha. but i m trying to save as much money as i can... i think usually i spent about 2,5 euro per day, maybe even less.

people are really friendly and trying to help. especially the aiesecers....if ever there is a problem they will help and they always worry, especially because i got thinner they wonder if i m sick..so yes my diet is working...yiha.....also i got a lot darker, even though i ve suffered my third sunburn, but thats all good...hihi...i ve almost reached indonesian "chocolat" level...LOL

there is really beautiful places here... some of you that have seen my pics on facebook might agree.. no those pics are not edited...its for real.

also i think i m improving my indonesian quite a bit... at least now i understand what i m saying lol....
just kidding.... i really hope by the time i leave i ll be able to have a normal conversation.

this thurday i will have been here for 6 weeks, 8 more to go. so almost reached the halfway point...crazy time is really flying....

last but not least...my sis is probably coming to visit me....yiha.......

ok this is it for today....sorry bout all the whinning, but i hope this will also give you a little impression of a life in a developing country....

take care,
rich

6 Comments:

At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who makes fun of u in indo...the AIESECers?? hmmm, i know how much it kills u to be idle, but maybe u should treasure it, since how often do i really see u slacking right? i guess afterall this IS an internship and ur suppose to work....well u'll just have to enforce classroom rules or something?? i dunno

hey about excerising....remember that discussion we had about *certain 'excerise'* and which muscle it trains, while recruiting at loyola?? AHHAHAHA i think u do, well if worst comes to worst, ur free to do that AHAHHA!!!! oh man gross, i bet u do it every day anyways

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi schaziiiii,i worry a lot about your healthy,
Because , i want to say once more "be careful"
And we miss you a lot~
Mom + Pop.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger AdamHarris said...

haha, the Wild? I can't believe it, but the East conference is way more exciting, we won last night, but it's still all up in the air, I don't know if you're paying attention to the last 2 playoff spots there...haha
GO Leafs GO!

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Kimchi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Kimchi said...

Sorry, too many spelling mistakes...here is the updated version of my post ;)
-----------------------
Hello lil one! Wow, sounds like you are really bored. How about you start writing a book? Seems like perfect timing! Write about cultural experiences, cultural differences between Indonesia, Canada, Germany...I would love to hear and read about it!

And dont worry I will visit for sure...so you better prepare for my visit! :) Think about where to go and what to do & how to entertain me ;) haha...I will go to class with you and help you teach if you want and I will cook for you too.

Cant wait to learn more about your "new and current" life! Plus I am jealous, right now I wish I had a few days where I wouldnt have to do anything....seems like forever since it was like that..but I totally understand your frustration about the internet and the rest too. Its not whining, its called VENTING ;)

Also I am happy you will have more time to talk to me (compared to Hali) when I am there as I really need to talk to someone & it has been ages since we really talked. Also I really hope you will understand...*sigh* we will see...

Big hug and see you SOON!
SIS :)

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wild PO's?
Whatever. =D
GO SHARKS =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home